Reasons to publish
Rapid peer review and publication
Redox Experimental Medicine aims to return a decision on a peer-reviewed paper in less than a month. Accepted manuscripts are published online and fully citable within 24 hours of acceptance. Furthermore, articles are published continuously online as soon as the version of record is available i.e. just weeks from acceptance.
Publish free of charge
Bioscientifica is sponsoring the Article Publication Charge until the end of 2023, offering authors far-reaching exposure and greater impact for their work at no additional cost.*
There are also no colour costs charged when publishing in Redox Experimental Medicine.
*Bioscientifica reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Maximise the reach of your work
Redox Experimental Medicine is a fully open-access, peer-reviewed journal brought to you by Bioscientifica, a long-established society publisher, with profits being gift aided back to the scientific community.
Where appropriate, published articles are promoted to scientists and clinicians from all over the world to ensure maximum reach and visibility of authors’ work.
How we may promote your work
- Press releases for papers of high interest and broad appeal.
- Communications and adverts to society members, or in relevant publications.
- Bioscientifica journals are promoted globally at conferences throughout the year and your article may be picked to feature on our handouts.
- Email newsletters, including topic collections, are sent to authors, readers, editors, reviewers and anybody else with an interest in the journal.
- Social Media coverage.
Tips for promoting your own work
Get the most out of your published article by considering the following:
- You will receive a link to your published article which you can send to colleagues who may be interested in your line of research.
- Add your article to the list of publications on your institution’s webpages.
- Use of social media: tweet your article and mention @redoxexpmed for a retweet.
- Link to the paper in work-related blogs and professional websites.
- Finally, remember that your work is published open access and is free to read by anyone that may be interested!
Monitor the impact of your work with article-level metrics
Article-level metrics are available for articles published in Redox Experimental Medicine. This feature provides traditional usage data (number of article downloads/views) as well as Altmetric data for individual articles published in the journal. Altmetric provide non-traditional data by tracking a selection of online indicators (both scholarly and non-scholarly) to give a measurement of digital impact and reach. This information is used to generate an article’s Altmetric Attention Score.
These article-level metrics allow authors to monitor the impact of their research in academia and beyond.
Bioscientifica Publishing prides itself on the provision of a personalised author service, and editorial office staff are on hand to offer assistance from submission through to publication. All authors are given the opportunity to provide feedback via an online survey, and in 2021, 91% of respondents indicated that their experience of publishing with Bioscientifica was the same as or much better than with other journal publishers**.
**Based on 441 respondents.